LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL & THERMAL PROTECTION
The Sensata (formally a division of Texas Instruments) 7AM series thermostats delivers the maximum protection in the smallest package at an excellent price. It is the most reliable on the market, backed by the leading innovators in protection technology.
- Over 3 billion sold
- Compact, miniature size
- UL, CSA, KEMA (ENEC) approvals
- Individually temperature checked on modern, custom-designed equipment
- Positive make and break with Klixon snap–action disc
- Repeatable temperature performance over life
- Gasketed steel case suitable for most impregnation processes
- Current and temperature sensitivity for maximum design flexibility and application
- Wide selection of leads and insulating sleeves
The 7AM thermal protector is the world leader for protection in lighting applications. Offering extremely high reliability and performance at an economical cost, the 7AM protector is ideal for fluorescent lighting ballasts, HID ballasts, recessed lighting fixtures, and other lighting products that require protection against overheating.
ELECTRICAL AND THERMAL PROTECTION
Electro-com distribute Sensata Technologies’ 7AM – one of the lowest cost, most versatile protection devices on the market. This compact device combines temperature and current into a package designed to protect electric motors, transformers, recessed lighting, fluorescent ballasts, and battery packs. It is available in a wide variety of wire lead configurations, which can be customized for ease of installation.
The 7AM series of protectors offers rechargeable battery-pack protection with Klixon® dual–function over temperature as well as short circuit bimetal protectors that are self–resetting.
The 7AM series are typically used for protecting battery charger outputs and high-current battery packs (ie. Military, UPS). The 7AM can handle up to 16VDC and 20 amps under certain conditions and is available with a wide variety of open temperatures and short circuit sensitivities.
The universal 7AM series motor protector is our most popular product, and though it is slightly larger than the 8MM it has a contact rating of up to 22 amps.
Protects against overheating in:
- Shaded pole motors
- Permanent split capacitor motors
- Fluorescent lighting ballasts
- HID ballasts
- Recessed lighting fixtures
- Battery packs
- Vacuum cleaners
- Washers and dryers
- Automotive accessory motors
- PC boards
- and more…